- Trends in pregnancy and birthing that may be different from their time
- Current feeding recommendations (both for milk/formula and then for solids)
- Safety recommendations
- Normal baby elimination
- Benefits of proximity/attachment
- Normal postpartum mental wellness
- Skin to skin, cord care, bathing, diapering, SIDS, car seat safety, and more!
All while providing a true understanding of why things may have changed since their time parenting!
I also offer this in a Villagers Format, which means we get together with everyone who will be involved in helping your family out after baby arrives; aunt, best friend, partner, grandma, cousin, etc. We all sit together and get on the same page for what you envision your postpartum time to be. Everyone leaves feeling empowered with their role at how they will help. Everyone wants to help but sometimes we don’t know what the new parents want. Best to make it clear for everyone from the get go. This workshop also includes many topics for planning for your postpartum. We will go over the ‘not so typical registry list’ that includes things like:
- Prioritizing Self-Care
- Utilizing Nutrition
- Setting up Systems
- Meal Trains
- and more!
Contact me anytime to schedule your Grandparents or Villagers Workshop.